Signs of Arthritis
- A typical alarm sign for arthritis is stiffness in the morning of the affected joints. This is not (yet) accompanied by pain.
- Mobility increases with motion, but this will again will cause discomfort.
- In the area around the affected joint the muscles feel hard and react with pain, when pressure is applied. This is especially true in the shoulder.
- Lifting, carrying, walking long distances, climbing stairs and long rests in the same position are difficult and cause discomfort.
- The suspicion of arthritis is reasonable, when the problems sneak in slowly and increase over the years.
- Repeated, monotonous labor patterns can promote arthritis.